Performing Arts Youth Chorus
Performing Arts Youth Chorus is a place where young people come to do the extraordinary. Children and teenagers aged 7-18 from across greater Sacramento gather together to become world-class singers through hard work, dedication, and passion.
PAYC is a performance-oriented music group that desires to instill the love of music and art in children. In addition to teaching the foundations of singing, reading music, and music theory, the chorus also offers an enriching social experience in friendships, cultural awareness, and community involvement.
PAYC offers an active rehearsal and
musicianship schedule for choristers, the educational season will include
master classes, guest artists, visiting adult and children’s choirs, regional,
national tours and international tours, and engaging activities for the
community at large. PAYC welcomes children ages 7-18 and
young men with changing voices, to audition for its nationally recognized
performance-based ensembles for the 2014-2015 Season.
- All auditions are by appointment on select dates in May-June and August-September
- All students ages 7-18 are encouraged to audition (girls, boys with changed/unchanged voices).
- No need to prepare an audition piece. No previous experience is needed.
- Students will be asked to sing a simple song like “Happy Birthday,” and follow pitch-matching and easy rhythm exercises.
- Based on the audition, PAYC Artistic Director determines which ensemble is the best fit for the student.
- Once accepted, the young singer joins the chorus as a PAYC member for the entire season
Please contact MS. Clara Litman at email@example.com to register.